For latest news and news releases please visit our up-to-date Blog
DATAQ BOOSTS THE VERSATILITY OF ITS DATA ACQUISITION PRODUCTS WITH ACTIVE X CONTROL PACKAGE
AKRON, OH - November 1, 2000 - DATAQ Instruments, Inc. has announced its ActiveX Controls Library, a package of easy-to-use software routines that provides direct access to the fundamental capabilities of DATAQ data acquisition hardware. DATAQ's ActiveX controls enable data acquisition users to take advantage of the now universal ActiveX standard defined by Microsoft. ActiveX describes modular, reusable software components that can be used with any programming environment that supports the standard.
Currently, ActiveX controls are supported by Visual BASIC, Visual C++, Borland C++, Excel, and many other software products, including some web browsers. DATAQ's ActiveX controls are compatible with DATAQ's DI-220 Series, DI-400 Series, DI-500 Series, and DI-700 Series data acquisition hardware.
USERS WHO NEED ACTIVE X CONTROLS
The WinDaq ActiveX Control Library is intended for a broad range of users and requirements:
- Programmers whose needs can be more efficiently and economically served by building a data acquisition program from the ground up, using a standard programming language.
- Users of DATAQ's DI-22x/4xx/5xx/7xx Series data acquisition hardware who need to incorporate direct, low-level hardware control into their programming environment, without tedious coding.
- Users who need to control a process, using digital or analog outputs, as a function of WinDaq-acquired data.
DATAQ Instruments' ActiveX Control Library consists of five components, each addressing a different application area:
- DataqSdk Control — provides access to the basic elements of data acquisition hardware (continuous and trigger data acquisition, sample rate, channel definitions) for Dataq Instruments' DI-22x, 4xx, 5xx, and 7xx series devices. A separate DataqSerial control provides access to Dataq serial data acquisition modules such as the DI-194 and DI-154RS.
- WriteDataqFile Control — used to create WinDaq-compatible data files from data gathered by other data acquisition programs so that the data files can be accessed, displayed and manipulated with the WinDaq Waveform Browser.
- ReadDataqFile Control — enables other ActiveX-compatible applications to read WinDaq-compatible files, to facilitate operations such as custom analysis and data export.
- WinDaq Control — initializes and manages tasks associated with data acquisition, such as scan list initialization and management, sample rate definitions, engineering unit scaling, m and b scaling constants, and acquired data access, among others.
- DQChart Control — allows basic charting capability from the Visual Basic samples included in the ActiveX installation.
GROWING SUPPORT FOR ACTIVE X
Support for ActiveX is multiplying at an exponential rate, and is now supported by virtually all popular programming environments, including Visual BASIC, Visual C++, Borland C++, and LabVIEW®, as well as high-level analysis applications such as Microsoft Excel. In all these situations, the program has full access to the functionality provided by the control. With DATAQ's ActiveX controls, this functionality includes access to WinDaq-acquired data in real time, full control of data acquisition hardware functions, access to graphic waveform plotting, read/write access to WinDaq data files, and more. Furthermore, the universal nature of the ActiveX control standard ensures a consistent, highly simplified software-to-hardware interface that yields programming code tremendously reduced in size and complexity.
DATAQ Instruments' ActiveX controls are bundled, free of charge, with WinDaq/Lite, WinDaq/Pro, and WinDaq/Pro+ data acquisition software packages. Availability is immediate.
ABOUT DATAQ INSTRUMENTS
Akron-based DATAQ Instruments, Inc. is a leading producer of PC-based, real-time data acquisition hardware and software for medical, research, and industrial test and measurement applications. More information on DATAQ Instruments' ActiveX Controls or other DATAQ products can be obtained immediately by calling DATAQ Instruments at 330-668-1444, or write to: DATAQ Instruments, Inc., 241 Springside Drive, Akron, OH 44333-2473. You can also visit www.dataq.com on the World Wide Web, or request information by e-mailing email@example.com.
Products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.