Multi-function Modular Data Logger and Data Acquisition System
- Includes the GL7000 main module, an Alarm output module, an AC power cable, and software on CD. Requires at least one amplifier module (under the Accessories tab).
- Modular construction. A selection of amplifiers tailors the system to address any application.
- A range of isolated analog amplifiers support measurements from millivolts to hundreds of volts, as well as thermocouple- and RTD-based temperature measurements.
- A logic and pulse input amplifier module provides 16 channels of discrete and/or pulse inputs for state, counting, and rotational rate recording along with analog data.
- An included alarm module allows ten alarm outputs that may be triggered by any combination of measured analog or discrete channel levels. The alarm outputs can drive loads up to 50 V and 2 A.
- Programmable sample intervals address the full spectrum of high- and low-speed measurements, from one sample per microsecond to one sample per hour.
- Stand-alone or PC-connected operation using included PC side software.
- Stand-alone recording to built-in RAM memory for speed, removable SD memory, USB thumb drive, and flash memory for non-volatile recordings.
- Optional 64 GB, high-speed SSD memory for non-volatile recording sessions as fast as 1 MHz per channel and file sizes up to 2 GB.
- Built-in USB and Ethernet interfaces allow operation as a direct-connected PC-based instrument or a remote Web-based server.
- Optional, detachable touch-screen allows local instrument configuration and real time display.
- Flexible pre- and post-triggering options give you complete control over when and how data is recorded.
- Unique backup feature allows measurements to be automatically backed up over definable intervals to non-volatile SD and SSD memory, or pushed to a local or remote FTP file server.
- Multiple GL7000 instruments may be daisy-chained to provide expanded and synchronous operation.
The GL7000 is a modular data acquisition instrument that provides an array of configuration options to allow virtually any industrial measurement. Its most basic form consists of the GL7000 processing module and an attached Alarm module (included). The addition of one or more analog and/or discrete modules completes the configuration and allows the GL7000 to acquire data either to its own internal memory or directly to an Ethernet- or USB-connected PC. When used as a stand-alone instrument the GL7000 can record data to fast, non-volatile RAM (up to 2,000,000 samples), built-in flash memory, SD memory, or a USB thumb drive (251,000,000 samples each). An optional solid state disk module (SSD) is available that provides up to 64 GB of fast, non-volatile storage space with a maximum file size of 2 GB.
Sample rate and measurement range is defined by the optional analog modules that may be attached to the GL7000 processing unit. Some modules support a sample interval as low as one sample every microsecond and a full scale range of 100V. Others support various special measurement functions like direct-connected thermocouples and RTDs for temperature measurements. Another module supports discrete and pulsed-discrete inputs allowing state, count, and rotational rate measurements to be acquired along with analog data. As many as ten modules may be connected to a GL7000 processing unit. A complete list of modules is included in this datasheet.
The optional touch-screen display is detachable and allows local data logger and data acquisition configuration without a PC. The display also provides real time feedback during data recording in the form of a multi-channel, real time graphical display of acquired data, alarm states, and much more. The display may be attached to the GL7000 processor, or tethered up to 10 meters away from the processor using a standard CAT-5 cable.
The GL7000’s data acquisition and data logging characteristics may also be configured by a remote PC connected to the instrument’s Ethernet port, or locally using its USB port. Software is provided to allow real time data acquisition, stream-to-disk, playback, and export to other applications like Excel.
Like other data logger and data acquisition products in the GL line, the GL7000 provides extreme triggering flexibility that allows it to adapt to virtually any recording application. Of course, data acquisition operations to a connected PC, or data logging operations in a stand-alone mode may be manually started and stopped. When enabled, the triggering features of the GL7000 automate this process and allow recording processes to be initiated and terminated based upon signal level settings, date and time, and external events. 0-100% pre-trigger information may be stored when recording to the instrument’s built-in 2,000,000 storage points (per analog module) RAM memory. Trigger level conditions include settings for edge triggering, level-only tests, and dual level settings to allow inside/outside window triggering. Recording can also be initiated and terminated as Boolean functions of multiple input channels using logical AND/OR combinations.
Finally, up to ten alarm outputs are available with the included Alarm Module. Alarms can be initiated based upon any trigger condition previously described, as well as upon TC burnout, and alarm states may be held or automatically reset when the alarm condition no longer exists.
The GL7000 is a total solution instrument that is easily expanded to meet growing measurement requirements for high- and lowspeed applications, and stand-alone or PC-connected implementations.
10-channel voltage measurements in the range of 100 mV to 100 V full-scale and a maximum sample rate per channel of 1 kHz.
Thermocouple and RTD Module
10-channel voltage/temperature measurements in the range of 10 mV to 50 V full-scale. Supports direct-connected thermocouple and RTDs. Maximum sample rate of 100 Hz per channel.
4-channel voltage measurements in the range of 100 mV to 100 V full-scale. Maximum sample rate of 1 MHz per channel.
High Voltage Module
2-channel high voltage measurements in the range of 2V to 1000V full-scale. Maximum sample rate of 1 MHz per channel.
Logic and Pulse Module
16-channel logic and pulse measurements for data acquisition and data logging of discrete and pulse train inputs.
Strain, Voltage, and Resistance Module
4-channel strain, voltage, and resistance measurements in the range of 400 to 20000 µЄ; 1mV to 5V; and 1Ω to 50 kΩ.
Voltage and Acceslerometer Module
4-channel voltage and accelerometer based measurements in the range of 1 to 50000 m/s2; 50mV to 10V; and 20mVrms to 5Vrms.
Optional Function Modules
Touch Screen Display
Detachable 5.7" TFT color, touch-screen. Includes tilting table mount.
Solid State Drive
64 GB solid-state disk hard disk drive.
Cables and Connections
Sync cable used to daisy-chain two GL7000 for synchronous operation.
2-meter logic/alarm cable with bare tips.
3-meter humidity sensor with dedicated power connector. Learn More.
Connects to one of four inputs on the GL7-L/P amplifier module on one end, and the other end accommodates one of either RIC-08 alligator-clip or RIC-09 IC clip adaptor cables.
Alligator-clip adapter cable. Requires one (1) RIC-07.
IC clip adaptor cable. Requires one (1) RIC-07.
Probe set for GL7-L/P consisting of (1) RIC-7 for connecting to any one of four GL7-L/P inputs; (1) RIC-08 alligator-clip adaptor cable; and (1) RIC-09 IC clip adaptor cable.
Isolated, 6-ft BNC to protected banana jack cable (600 V max).
Banana-to-alligator adapter for RIC-143 (one pair red/black).
Banana to clip test plunger adapter for RIC-143 (one pair red/black).
Data Logger Software
Visit the Support Download page at Graphtec for software (both links below take you to another site).
Download Specifications Sheet
Introducing the GL7000 multi-function data acquisition system.
Stand-alone USB data logger
- 10 isolated analog/4 counter channels
- Sample intervals from 10ms to 1 hour
- ±20mV to ±100V programmable ranges
- Supports TC measurements
- Record to PC, USB drive, flash
- Measure RH model B-530