For latest news and news releases please visit our up-to-date Blog
NEW DATA ACQUISITION CARD FEATURES HIGH RESOLUTION AND HIGH SPEED
AKRON, OH, December 4, 1997 — DATAQ Instruments announces today the availability of the newest addition to its data acquisition product family, the Model DI-410 Data Acquisition Card. The 16-channel single-ended/8-channel differential input card, features a 14-bit analog-to-digital converter, dual 14-bit digital-to-analog converters and eight digital inputs and outputs. The DI-410 supports all-electronic calibration — there are no pots on the card to adjust. The card also features an on-board 15,000 sample FIFO buffer for high-speed data acquisition. The Model DI-410 extends DATAQ's DI-400 Series to provide a high resolution card for users making measurements requiring high accuracy.
The DI-410 continues the tradition of programmable intelligent oversampling per channel, supported by all DATAQ Instruments hardware products. This feature allows for more concise and meaningful measurements with less data and allows for tremendous reductions in acquired noise — especially when making low level measurements. The DI-410 also provides both data acquisition and digital signal processing on the same card.
The ISA plug-in card contains an on-board 32-million instruction per second (MIPS) DSP (digital signal processor) and features the following advanced features:
- High data acquisition speed to 125,000 samples per second using burst mode technology to minimize channel skew.
- A 240-position input scan list allows the following programmable parameters per channel:
- Sample Counter — Allows independent sample rates per channel.
- Gain — Gain factors of 1, 2, 4, and 8 can be applied per channel.
- Single-ended/differential input configuration — conserves the number of channels used when both single-ended and differential measurements are made.
- Four intelligent oversampling modes:
- Average — allows successful measurements in high noise environments.
- Maximum — detects and reports maximum signal value over a defined interval.
- Minimum — detects and reports minimum signal value over a defined interval.
- Last point — like any other card on the market.
- Digital output —Allows channel expansion at the highest sample rates of the card.
- A 16-position output scan list allowing:
- Digital output for applications that require external synchronization.
- Independent output rate control for continuous analog output via the DI-410's dual digital-to-analog converters.
The Model DI-410 is supported by the following software:
- A complete software development kit for Windows and DOS included with the hardware.
- WinDaq — DATAQ Instruments' own real time data acquisition, playback, and analysis software. WinDaq/Lite and the WinDaq Waveform Browser are included free-of-charge with the hardware.
- LabVIEW® driver.
- TestPoint™ driver.
- HP VEE driver.
About DATAQ Instruments
DATAQ Instruments, Inc., based in Akron, Ohio, is a leading producer of PC-based, real-time data acquisition hardware and software. DATAQ supplies the PC-based instrumentation needs for medical, research, and industrial test and measurement customers. For more information on the DI-410 Data Acquisition System, call DATAQ Instruments at 330-668-1444 or write to: DATAQ Instruments, Inc., 241 Springside Drive, Akron, OH 44333-2473, or visit our Web site at www.dataq.com. E-mail requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.