DI-913MB and DI-914MB - OBSOLETE
Multi-Channel Analog Input Modules
DC Current, DC Voltage or AC Current Input
Limit Alarms or Discrete Outputs
- 16-bit sigma-delta A/D yields 0.1% of range resolution and accuracy
- Four inputs in a single inch-wide module reduces system costs and saves panel space
- Four discrete outputs enable local limit alarms or host-controlled on/off switching
- Heavy-duty 1A solid-state relays provide dependable on/off control of industrial devices
- Self-calibration lowers maintenance costs by reducing periodic manual calibration checks
- Watchdog timers provide a configurable failsafe output state for use when host I/O communication is lost
- Four-way isolation eliminates potential ground loops between power, input, output, and network circuitry
- Self-diagnostics monitor microcontroller activity to detect operational failures (lock-up) and execute a reset to restore communication
- Standard Modbus RTU protocol with high-speed RS-485 communication (up to 115K bps)
This signal conditioner is a four-channel analog input module with four discrete outputs. It provides isolation between input, output, power, and network circuits. Network communication adheres to the industry-standard RS-485 Modbus RTU protocol. AC and DC power sources are supported with nonpolarized, diode-coupled terminals.
The inputs accommodate wide DC voltage or current ranges. Flexible discrete outputs operate as alarms or on/off controllers. As limit alarms, each discrete output can be configured with high and/or low setpoints exclusively tied to an analog input channel. Alarm trips function without host communication enabling low-cost stand-alone alarms, as well as local backup for the primary control system. Otherwise, on/off control is based on commands issued by the host system. See the Circuit Connection Diagrams.
Combining flexible transmitter functions, mixed signal I/O, alarm support, and a network interface in a single package, makes this instrument extremely powerful. Multi-channel design adds cost-efficiency and allows high-density mounting. Plus, safe, rugged construction makes these modules reliable for use in both control room and distributed field I/O applications. Custom module configurations are also possible (consult factory for details).
Everything you need to complete your network is available from DATAQ Instruments, Inc. - isolators, signal converters, signal boosters, power sources, and mounting hardware. Check out the Accessories.