For latest news and news releases please visit our up-to-date Blog
NEW DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM OFFERS GREATER FLEXIBILITY FOR PORTABLE SYSTEMS USERS
AKRON, OH, December 12, 1997 — DATAQ Instruments Inc., announces today the availability of the newest addition to its data acquisition product family, the Model DI-222 Portable Data Acquisition System. The 16-channel single-ended/8-channel differential analog input system, with expansion to 256 analog inputs, features 12-bit resolution with inputs up to ±10V and four gains from 1 to 1000. Previous DI-200 Series portable data acquisition systems were limited to inputs of ±5V. The DI-222 is equipped with one analog output, eight digital inputs and eight digital outputs. The system is available in two versions: one that supports portable battery powered PC field applications and one that supports desktop PC applications.
The DI-222 provides both data acquisition and digital signal processing using a 16-million instruction per second (MIPS) digital signal processor (DSP) that provides the added bonus of programmability. The DI-222 uses two scan lists to allow analog input, analog output, digital input and digital output each at different rates, and all at the same time, providing solutions for complex stimulus/response and synchronization problems.
The DI-222 connects to the parallel port of any computer. Signal connections can be made to the system's 5-way binding posts or via the side-mounted DAS-16 compatible connector.
The Model DI-222 is equipped with the following features:
- A 240-position by 32-bit wide input scan list allowing for complete channel-by-channel programmability in terms of channel no., input polarity, gain, single-ended or differential, intelligent oversampling mode, sample rate and digital I/O.
- High data acquisition speed to 70,000 samples per second using burst mode technology to minimize channel skew.
- On-board 8,000 sample FIFO buffer to maximize continuous I/O throughput rates.
- Four intelligent oversampling modes:
- Average — Calculates and reports the average signal value over a defined interval. This mode allows successful measurements in high noise environments.
- Maximum — Detects and reports maximum signal value over a defined interval.
- Minimum — Detects and reports minimum signal value over a defined interval.
- Last Point — Like any other DA system or card on the market.
- A 16-position 32-bit wide scan output list allowing for applications requiring external synchronization and an independent output rate control for continuous analog or digital output.
The DI-222 is supported by the following software:
- A complete software development kit for the Windows and DOS environments, as well as turnkey software for the non-programmer is included with the hardware.
- WinDaq™ — DATAQ Instrument's own real-time data acquisition, playback and analysis software. WinDaq/Lite and the WinDaq Waveform Browser are included free-of-charge with the hardware.
- LabVIEW®, HP VEE, and TestPoint™ drivers.
DATAQ Instruments, Inc., based in Akron, Ohio, is a leading producer of PC-based, real-time data acquisition hardware and software. DATAQ supplies the PC-based instrumentation needs for medical, research, and industrial test and measurement customers. For more information on the Model DI-222 Data Acquisition System, call DATAQ Instruments at 330-668-1444 or write to: DATAQ Instruments, Inc., 241 Springside Drive, Akron, OH 44333-2473, or visit our Web site at www.dataq.com. E-mail requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.