- +12VDC Loop Supply
- Provides Isolation for Non-Isolated 2-Wire Transmitters
- High Level Voltage Outputs
- 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- Input Protected to 40VAC Continuous
- 100dB CMR
- 100Hz Bandwidth
- ±0.05% Accuracy
- ±0.02% Linearity
- Low Drift with Ambient Temperature
- UL, CSA, FM and CE Certifications Pending
- Mix and Match Module Types
Products in the Series
- 4-20 mA measurement range
- 100 Hz bandwidth
- Built-in 12 V dc power supply
- Supports 2-wire sensors
DI-8B modules are an optimal solution for monitoring real-world process signals and providing high level signals to a data acquisition system. Each DI-8B42 module provides power to a current transmitter, then isolates, filters and amplifies the resulting process current input signal and provides an analog voltage output.
Current to voltage conversion is accomplished internal to the module to ensure high accuracy.
Signal filtering is accomplished with a three-pole filter optimized for time and frequency response which provides 60dB per decade of normal-moderejection above 100Hz. One pole of this filter is on the field side of the isolation barrier for anti-aliasing, and the other two are on the system side.
A special input circuit on the DI-8B42 module provides protection against accidental connection of power-line voltages up to 40VAC. Clamp circuits on the I/O and power terminals protect against harmful transients.
Isolation is provided by optical coupling to suppress transmission of common mode spikes or surges. The module is powered from +5VDC, ±5%.
The modules are designed for installation in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations and have a high level of immunity to environmental noise.