Key ActiveX Product Features by Control
Go to the ActiveX Control Product page for more information about DATAQ Instruments ActiveX Control Library.
Many situations demand that a data acquisition program be built from the ground up. As such, you require access to the most basic elements of data acquisition hardware. This control provides that access. (In contrast, the WinDaq control relieves you of general data acquisition housekeeping and delivers scaled waveform data to your application.) DataqSDK may be used with all supported DATAQ Instruments' hardware and programs are easily transformed to acquired data from starter kits (e.g. DI-145) to high end data acquisition systems (e.g. DI-730). Check out the Help Files.
- Data acquisition mode definitions for continuous and trigger data acquisition
- Sample rate, channel, single-ended and differential definitions and various other scan list items
- Immediate mode access to digital I/O and analog outputs
- Access to acquired data using either burst or streaming methods.
This control can be used to create a WinDaq-compatible file. Although your data acquisition program may not use WinDaq software, it may still be beneficial to allow the data files your program acquires to be accessed, displayed and manipulated using WinDaq waveform browser software. This control ensures that the files created by your program may be used in this manner. Check out the Help Files.
- File manipulation utilities that allow controlled access to data
- Full-scale definitions per channel in engineering units
- Sample rate throughput definition that is used by WinDaq Browser software for all timing measurements.
This control can be used to read WinDaq-compatible files. In many instances, you may wish access to data acquired by WinDaq data acquisition software. Examples include custom analysis and export requirements. This control provides a convenient way to perform these special operations. Check out the Help Files.
- Open and close file manipulation capability
- File navigation utilities.
Use this control to eavesdrop on the data stream being acquired by WinDaq Data Acquisition software. Use this control to return the single value or the latest frame of data if you use the data frame methods or it can monitor the whole data stream if you use the data stream methods.
The primary advantage of this control is to relieve you of the tasks associated with initializing data acquisition. These include, but are not limited to, scan list initialization and management, sample rate definitions, engineering unit scaling and many others. These tasks are performed by WinDaq turnkey data acquisition software at a very high level. However, the data acquired by the application can be made available in real time by this control. In this manner, the control allows you to concentrate on specific requirements of the task at hand without regard to mundane and obscure data acquisition details.Check out the Help Files.
- Derives the number of channels, sample rate, engineering units scaling, m and b scaling constants and full-scale ranges in engineering units as defined by WinDaq software for each channel
- Provides access to acquired channel data using one of three options: immediate mode by defined channel, immediate mode by all enabled channels and a stream approach that guarantees waveform continuity
- Allows asynchronous access to the hardware's digital input and output ports and analog output ports.
This control is provided to allow basic charting capability for any acquired data. Used with any of the other controls, this provides a powerful visual representation of your data.Check out the Help Files.
- Plots up to 16 channels on the same chart
- Allows analog or digital plotting
- Displays color legends at the upper left corner of the chart
- Supports scaling and offsetting via mouse control
- Supports WinDaq compatible event marker
- Plots a specified channel from a data stream
- Provides limited support for cursor measurements.