Event, Count, and State Data Logger
- Includes an EL-USB-5 data logger, measurement leads, a battery (pre-installed), and downloadable software
- Functions as an event, state, or counter logger
- Logging rate of up to five times per second for events, two times per second for state changes and 100 times per second when counting
- Stores up to 32,510 readings in event mode
- Stores up to 32,510 readings in state change mode
- Accepts input voltages of up to 24V
- Volt free contacts option (normally open contact only)
- Rising and falling edge triggering
- LED flash on event/state change
- Connection via two screw terminals
- USB Interface for Set-up and Data Download
- Replaceable Internal Lithium Battery
- Discount Schedule
- Get 10% off your Lascar Data Logger with coupon code EL10USB. View details.
The EL-USB-5 data logger can record events (detecting an input and storing the time and date of occurrence), record state changes (similar to an ‘event’ but also recording when the input reverts back to normal) and count events (count the number of events that happen in a time period, without any individual event time or date information). Up to 32,510 events or 32,510 state changes can be recorded.
Events and state changes can be triggered by either a rising edge (a voltage going from low to high) or falling edge (a voltage going from high to low). It is also possible to use volt free contacts. Instead of measuring an external voltage, the data logger applies a voltage across the screw terminals and detects when the input closes (i.e. a relay or microswitch).
Fast logging rates allow event capturing at speeds of up to two times per second and state changes at speeds of up to five times per second. Event counting can operate at speeds of up to 100 times per second (when the LEDs are turned off). The user can easily set up the logger, and download the stored data by plugging the data logger into a PC’s USB port and running the purpose designed software under Windows. Data can then be graphed, printed and exported to other applications.
The data logger is supplied complete with software, measurement leads terminated with crocodile clips and a long-life lithium battery which allows logging for up to 1 year. Functionality of the unit is indicated by flashing red and green LEDs, with an option to flash the red LED every time an event occurs.
Replacement 3.6V, 1200mAh lithium battery. Please Note: Continental U.S. shipping ONLY.
FREE Configuration and download software for Lascar Data Loggers.
|Number of Channels:||One|
|Time between events:||200 milliseconds|
|Time between state changes:||500 milliseconds|
|Time between event counts:||10 milliseconds|
|Input voltage:||3 to 28 VDC|
|'Volt free contacts' voltage:||2.75 to 3.6 V|
|'Volt free contacts' current"||35 μA|
|Timing accuracy:||±3 seconds per 24 hours|
|Logging Rate:||1 sample every second
1 sample every 10 seconds
1 sample every minute
1 sample every 5 minutes
1 sample every 30 minutes
1 sample every hour
1 sample every 6 hours
1 sample every 12 hours
|Memory Capacity:||32,510 samples|
|Operating Temperature Range:||-35 to +80°C (-31 to +176°F)|
|Battery Life||1 year (Depending on ambient temperature, logging rate, and use of alarm LED)|
Introducing the EL-USB-5
Introducing the EL-USB-5 Low-cost USB Event data logger.
Learn how to set up Lascar Data Loggers with EasyLog Software.
View the animated gif showing typical EL-USB Data Logger assembly.
Event, State, Count Data Logger
- Measures when, how long, and how many events occur
- Eight input channels
- Isolated high voltage inputs connect to 230 VAC rms source
- 21 sample intervals (1 sec to 24 hrs)
- Record forever to a 2 GB SD card