The WDQ2TDM utility program creates a TDM (test data exchange format) xml header file (with a .tdm file extension) for a WinDaq data file (.wdq) allowing you to use any program to analyze WinDaq data that supports the .tdm file format.
Please Note: The WDQ2TDM Utility does NOT support WinDaq/Pro+ files where the channels are sampled at different rates.
Please Note: This utility requires Microsoft .NET. If the utility does not work you may need to install or re-install the .Net framework. Go to msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa496123.aspx to install.
Applications that support the TDM format:
- HBM NCode
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- National Instruments DIAdem
- National Instruments DasyLab
- MathWorks MatLab (with add-on)
- Microsoft Excel (with add-on)
- OpenOffice Calc (with add-on)
The utility is very easy to use:
- Open the utility program (double-click on the wdq2tdm.exe program icon).
- Click on the File > Open menu item.
- Use the Open dialog box to select the WinDaq data file for which you would like to create a .tdm header file. You can select the file two ways:
- Double-click on the file.
- Click on the file then click on the Open button.
- Select multiple files to create .tdm headers by holding down the Shift (contiguous files) or Control keys.
- Once the header file has been converted you will see confirmation in the main WDQ2TDM program window and the program will re-open the Open dialog box.
- After all the desired .tdm header files have been created, close the Open dialog box by clicking on the Cancel button
- Click on the File > Exit menu item to close the utility program.
- Open the .tdm header file with your preferred analysis program (the tdm header file can be manually edited using any xml editor).
Please Note: The WinDaq file and the TDM header file must be kept in the same directory in order to access the data using your analysis program.