For latest news and news releases please visit our up-to-date Blog
NEW HIGH SPEED OEM DATA ACQUISITION BOARD CONNECTS TO PC's PARALLEL PORT
AKRON, OH, December 6, 1997 — DATAQ Instruments Inc., announces today the availability of the newest addition to its data acquisition product family, the Model DI-5001 Data Acquisition Board for OEM applications using a PC's parallel (printer) port. The 32-channel single-ended/16-channel differential analog input boards feature 12-bit analog-to-digital and 12-bit digital-to-analog converters with inputs up to ±10V and gains of 1, 2, 4 and 8. The DI-5001 can provide throughput rates of up to 250,000 samples per second using the computer's EPP port, and is equipped with two analog outputs, eight digital inputs and eight digital outputs. The Model DI-5001 is specially designed for use in OEM data acquisition products that connect to a computer's parallel port.
The DI-5001 provides both data acquisition and digital signal processing using a 32-million instruction per second (MIPS) digital signal processor (DSP) that provides the added bonus of programmability. The DI-5001 uses two scan lists to allow analog input, analog output, digital input and digital output each at different rates, and all at the same time, providing solutions for complex stimulus/response and synchronization problems.
The Model DI-5001 is equipped with the following features:
- A 240-position by 32-bit wide input scan list allowing for complete channel-by-channel programmability in terms of channel number, gain, single-ended or differential, intelligent oversampling mode, sample rate and digital I/O.
- High data acquisition speed to 250,000 samples per second using burst mode technology to minimize channel skew.
- Four intelligent oversampling modes:
- Average — Calculates and reports the average signal value over a defined interval. This mode allows successful measurements in high noise environments.
- Maximum — Detects and reports maximum signal value over a defined interval.
- Minimum — Detects and reports minimum signal value over a defined interval.
- Last Point — Like any other DA system or card on the market.
- A 16-position 32-bit wide scan output list allowing for applications requiring external synchronization and an independent output rate control for continuous analog or digital output.
The DI-5001 is supported by the following software:
- A complete software development kit for the Windows and DOS environments, as well as turnkey software for the non-programmer is included with the hardware.
- WinDaq — DATAQ Instrument's own real-time data acquisition, playback and analysis software. WinDaq/Lite and the WinDaq Waveform Browser are included free-of-charge with the hardware.
About DATAQ Instruments
DATAQ Instruments, Inc., based in Akron, Ohio, is a leading producer of PC-based, real-time data acquisition hardware and software. DATAQ supplies the PC-based instrumentation needs for medical, research, and industrial test and measurement customers. For more information on the DI-5001 Data Acquisition Board, call DATAQ Instruments at 330-668-1444 or write to: DATAQ Instruments, Inc., 241 Springside Drive, Akron, OH 44333-2473. E-mail requests for information to email@example.com.
Products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.