DI-917MB and DI-918MB - OBSOLETE
Multi-Channel Analog Output Modules
DC Current or DC Voltage Outputs
- Standard Modbus RTU protocol with high-speed RS-485 communication (up to 115K bps)
- 12-bit D/A yields 0.1% of span resolution and accuracy
- Four outputs in a single inch-wide module reduces system costs and saves panel space
- Four discrete outputs enable host-controlled on/off switching
- Heavy-duty 1A solid-state relays provide dependable on/off control of industrial devices
- Self-calibration lowers maintenance costs by reducing periodic manual calibration checks
- Watchdog timers provide a configurable failsafe output state for use when host I/O communication is lost
- Three-way isolation eliminates potential ground loops between power, output and network circuitry
- Self-diagnostics monitor microcontroller activity to detect operational failures (lock-up) and execute a reset to restore communication.
These modules drive four analog output channels and also feature four discrete outputs for on/off control. Isolation separates the output, power, and network circuits. Network communication adheres to the industry-standard RS-485 Modbus RTU protocol. AC and DC power sources are supported with nonpolarized, diode-coupled terminals.
The analog outputs generate a signal based on communication from the host. They accommodate wide DC voltage or current ranges. Discrete outputs provide simple on/off switching capability for external devices. See the Circuit Connection Diagrams.
Combining analog outputs, on/off controllers, and a network interface in a single package, makes this instrument extremely powerful. Multi-channel design adds cost-efficiency and allows high-density mounting. Plus, safe, rugged construction make it reliable for both control room and distributed field I/O use in a broad range of temperature control applications. Custom module configurations are also possible (consult factory for details).
Everything you need to complete your network is available from DATAQ Instruments, Inc. - isolators, signal converters, signal boosters, power sources, and mounting hardware. Check out the Accessories.