For latest news and news releases please visit our up-to-date Blog
NEW DATA ACQUISITION CARD FEATURES HIGH SPEED CONVERSIONS WITHOUT DMA
AKRON, OH, March 19, 1997 — DATAQ Instruments announces today the availability of the newest addition to its data acquisition product family, the Model DI-400 Series data acquisition cards. The 16-channel single-ended/8 differential input cards feature a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter, dual 12-bit digital-to-analog converters, and eight digital inputs and outputs without DMA (direct memory access). Analog inputs may be expanded up to 256 channels.
The DI-400 continues the tradition of programmable intelligent oversampling per channel, supported by all DATAQ Instruments hardware products. This feature allows for more concise and meaningful measurements with less storage space and allows for tremendous reductions in acquired noise - especially when making low level measurements. The DI-400 also provides both data acquisition and digital signal processing on the same card, which makes DATAQ unique in the industry.
The ISA style plug-in card contains an on-board 32-million instruction per second (MIPS) DSP (digital signal processor) and features the following advanced features:
- High data acquisition speed to 250,000 samples per second using burst mode technology to minimize channel skew.
- A no-DMA-design featuring an on-board 15,000 sample FIFO (first-in-first-out) buffer.
- A Plug and Play (PNP) design that eliminates DIP switches, jumpers, and all other manual board configuration approaches.
- A 256-position input scan list allows the following programmable parameters per channel:
- Sample Counter — allows independent sample rates per channel.
- Gain — up to 4 gain factors can be applied per channel.
- Single-ended/differential input configuration — conserves the number of channels used when both single-ended and differential measurements are made.
- Four intelligent oversampling modes:
- Average — allows successful measurements in high noise environments
- Maximum — detects and reports maximum signal value over a defined interval.
- Minimum —detects and reports minimum signal value over a defined interval.
- Last point — like any other card on the market.
- Digital output — allows channel expansion at the highest sample rates of the card.
- A 16-position output scan list allowing:
- Digital output for applications that require external synchronization.
- Independent output rate control for continuous analog output via the DI-400's dual digital-to-analog converters.
The DI-400 is supported by the following software:
- A complete software development kit for Windows and DOS included with the hardware.
- WinDaq — DATAQ Instruments' own real time data acquisition, playback, and analysis software.
- LabVIEW driver.
- TestPoint driver.
About DATAQ Instruments
DATAQ Instruments, Inc., based in Akron, Ohio, is a leading producer of PC-based, real-time data acquisition hardware and software. DATAQ supplies the PC-based instrumentation needs for medical, research, and industrial test and measurement customers. For more information on the DI-400 Data Acquisition System, call DATAQ Instruments at 330-668-1444 or write to: DATAQ Instruments, Inc., 241 Springside Drive, Akron, OH 44333-2473. E-mail requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.