For latest news and news releases please visit our up-to-date Blog
Consistent with our plan to begin shipping the DI-149 to customers by Friday, September 2, we have finalized the hardware, software, and firmware design and updated its data sheet. Some specific items of interest are:
- We've increased the maximum sample rate of the DI-149 to 10 kHz from 8 kHz.
- Counter/Timer operations for the DI-149 have been defined to use one general-purpose digital input (DI2) for measuring rate, and a second (DI3) for measuring counts. Maximum count and rate frequencies are 0.5 times and 2.0 times the programmed sample rate respectively. This yields maximum count and rate frequencies of 10 kHz and 20 kHz respectively. So, how can you apply these features?
- Use the Rate input to measure frequencies. Examples include but are not limited to pulse streams from impulse tachometers, flow meters, radiation detectors, and other frequency-generating devices where the frequency of the pulse stream carries information.
- Example uses for the Count input are to tally test cycles or even to totalize the outputs of flow meters to yield volume.
- A few weeks ago we expected the Rate and Count features to be accessible only from a programming language and not from WinDaq software. That's changed. We have reserved channels 10, and 11 for Rate, and Count respectively. Enabling these powerful features to be acquired along with analog data is as easy as a mouse click.
We hope you'll agree that the addition of these enhancements and features was well worth a 2-day shipping delay for the DI-149, and we invite you to learn more about this powerful addition to our starter kit family by click through to our website:
(DI-149 main page) DI-149 Product page
(Datasheet icon) DI-149 Datasheet